The Ruins (Talisay City, Negros Occidental)



I first saw The Ruins on a local cooking TV show.  I fell in love with the whitish-golden ruins set upon a very green field.  It looks like heaven.  I said to myself on that day that I will visit that place soon, and then my wish came true within the same year!  Thank you so much Lord!!!

It was June when we went to Bacolod.  Unfortunately, it was raining when we got there, so we weren't able to take photos of The Ruins turning gold when afternoon sun hits 4 PM.  And do you think I was depressed?  Of course not!  I am planning to go back anyway!  Hahaha!  I am going to capture The Ruins in it's golden glory with my savvy DSLR camera soon! 

Thank you so much for my friend Syvel and her friends who were so accommodating.  They even took the responsibility of acting as our tour guides.  They even gave us a food tour!  Bacolod is best for food trip!  I will feature some Bacolod restaurants on my blog soon.  

Here are some photos.  Enjoy!







My feet on the Spanish tiles

My foot and James's foot on the Spanish tiles




Don Mariano Lacson built The Ruins in honor of his first wife, Maria Braga Lacson.




M and M can be seen all over the walls.  They mean Mariano and Maria.



The four-tiered fountain in front of The Ruins


My foot and James's foot on the Spanish tiles

M and M can be seen all over the walls.  They mean Mariano and Maria.


M and M can be seen all over the walls.  They mean Mariano and Maria.






M and M can be seen all over the walls.  They mean Mariano and Maria.


The Ruins also offers delicious food!  They're absolutely delicious!  The ambiance is also exquisite!  You can also rent the whole area for special occasions like parties, weddings, or corporate meetings.  See you there!!!


Live a good life, la buena vida!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hala oi! Didto man ko ug Bacolod pag Feb katong ni watch kos Azkals pero wa na gyud mi kahapit diri. Nindotaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chy! Adto mo next time kanang inig padung 4 PM kay murag gold ang The Ruins. Nindot kaayo basta sunny day. Ulan man gud pag-adto namo tapos ngit-ngit na. Nindot pud mokaon didto ka mo-serve man sila food. Super nice ang ambiance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters