The Optimist Creed

Christian D. Larson is one of my inspirations and one of his writings is this creed.  He has written this almost a century ago, but it is still relevant today!  Read this upon waking up and before going to sleep.  Be inspired!

Photo from the world wide web


The Optimist Creed

I promise myself:

  • To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
  • To talk health, happiness, & prosperity to every person I meet.
  • To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
  • To look at the sunny side of everything & make my optimism come true.
  • To think only of the best, to work only for the best, & to expect only the best.
  • To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
  • To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
  • To wear a cheerful expression at all times & give a smile to every living creature I meet.
  • To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
  • To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, & too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
  • To think well of myself & to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.
  • To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.

Live a good life, la buena vida!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters